As one of the 16 colleges within South Carolina’s state system of technical colleges, Williamsburg Technical College is under the policy and administrative control of the State Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education. This Board establishes policies applicable on a system-wide basis and, where necessary, administrative procedures required to implement these system-wide policies. Board members include:
- Ralph A. Odom, Jr.. – Chair – Fifth Congressional District
- Warren L. Helm – First Congressional District
- Robert E. Barnett – Second Congressional District
- Charles G. Wilson – Third Congressional District
- Stephen J. Burry – Fourth Congressional District
- Gregory B. Askins. – Sixth Congressional District
- Dan P. Gray – Seventh Congressional District
- Gwendolyn A. Bright – At-Large Member
- Montez C. Martin, Jr. – At-Large Member
- Robert A. Wilson – At-Large Member
- Matthew L. Yaun – At-Large Member
- Mitchell M. Zais-S.C.Superintendent of Ed-Ex-Officio Member
- Robert M. Hitt,III-S.C. Secretary of Commerce-Ex-Officio Member
- Tim Hardee – System President
Williamsburg Technical College Area Commission Board
The College is governed by an Area Commission composed of 11 members who are appointed by the Governor upon the recommendation of the Williamsburg County Legislative Delegation. Members are appointed for staggered three-year terms. The Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary/Treasurer are elected annually by the Commission members. The Commission meets monthly. It sets policy for the College consistent with the policies established by the State Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education.
Board members include:
Gertrude P. Williams
James S. Stuckey, Jr.
Sidney “Lide” Howell, III
Harmon Cooper, Jr.
Walter H. Brown
S. Christine Green
Henry M. Poston
Johnny M. Gardner, Jr.
Williamsburg Technical College Administrative Officers
To report fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, or misconduct within or involving a state agency, call the State Inspector General at (855) 723-7285 (855-SCFRAUD) or visit the State Inspector General's website to file a complaint online.