The WTC “Dual Enrollment Advanced Learning” (DEAL) program is for you!
Designed for high school students to earn high school and college credit at the same time, WTC’s DEAL classes:
• are offered at WTC, on high school campuses, or at other locations around the county
• transfer to any SC public college or university and many private colleges
• are taught by SACS-qualified instructors
• offer credit that will affect high school GPA
• are free to the student provided six credit hours are taken (textbook costs vary based on individual high school policies on DEAL textbooks)
To become a WTC DEAL student:
• complete the WTC Application for Admission on the left of this page.
• be a junior or senior and be at least 16 years of age
• be enrolled in high school courses with at least a 2.5 GPA
• meet WTC’s admission requirements, including SAT, ACT, or ASSET/COMPASS scores
• provide a Signature Waiver Affidavit completed by your parent or guardian
• provide a letter of permission from your principal.
For more DEAL information, contact Hope Hubbard, Interim WTC DEAL Coordinator, or call 843.355.4137.
Attention Parent/Guardian: Be sure to review “Cost Information” and “Signature Waiver Affidavit” documents provided to your student upon inquiring about DEAL enrollment to ensure that you “close the DEAL” for your student. Click here for forms.
At WTC, high school students have the opportunity to take vocational technical courses that offer both high school and college credit. These are called Career and Technology Education courses , or CATE for short. In mutual recognition of the value of training offered at each institution, WTC and the Williamsburg County School District have established an articulation agreement. The agreement establishes those parameters which are necessary for the coordination of educational programs and which will facilitate the orderly progression of students from one to the other without unnecessary duplication of course content. WTC awards appropriate semester-hour credit for articulated occupational program course work satisfactorily completed in the Williamsburg County School District. Williamsburg Technical College will make every attempt to place advanced students into the appropriate level of instruction.
Are you a high school student wanting dual college and high school credit for university transfer?
Are you seeking career and technical education to lead to a degree, diploma or certificate?
Are you a high school graduate wishing to enroll in college courses?
Are you a high school student seeking career and technical education?