Deferred Tuition Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
NOTE: Deferred Tuition Payment Plans are available to students who have applied for and completed their FAFSA and their processing has not yet completed and for students who have completed the financial aid process and only quality for Lottery Tuition Assistance.
• are on financial aid suspension;
• have not yet applied for or are not going to complete a FAFSA;
• are in default of a student loan;
• have an out-of-state residency; or
• are transient students without a consortium agreement
must pay one-half of their tuition plus the $30.00 deferment fee in order to set the remainder of their tuition in two equal payments and receive an “Official” stamped schedule. The two equal payments will be due on the 15th of the month after their registration date and the 15th of the month thereafter.
1. The $30 nonrefundable processing fee must be paid by cash, check, debit card that can be run as a credit card, or credit card and cannot be charged to any type of scholarship, sponsorship or financial aid.
2. The plan cannot be used for balances of less than $100.
3. The payment plan is for tuition and fees only.
4. Any type of assistance such as financial aid, scholarship, or sponsorship must be used before any balance of tuition can be charged to the payment plan.
5. The deferred payments may be used by students who have not completed the financial aid application but processing is not complete or other authorizations for payment of tuition. Any unpaid classes not covered by the payment plan will be dropped.
6. The tuition can be paid any time prior to the scheduled payment dates set out on the deferment agreement but at least two payments for the amount due must be paid by dates specified by Business Affairs.
7. A late fee of $25 may be charged for each late payment, including students who have not finalized their financial aid, scholarship or sponsorship.
8. Payments will be accelerated for any student who enters into the payment agreement and subsequently receives financial aid, scholarship or sponsorship. All outstanding balances owed, including any late fees, will be deducted before any balance check will be issued to the student.
9. If an account becomes delinquent, it will be placed on a hold status. Registration will not be allowed; future classes already registered will be purged; transcripts and diplomas will not be issued and the student will not be allowed to participate in graduation activities until the account is paid.
10.Once an account becomes delinquent, it will be placed in our regular billing cycle. A student will receive three bills. The third bill informs the student that the account will be turned over to the South Carolina Tax Commission for collection and to a Collection Agency. Collection Agency charges will be added to the bill at this point.
11.After notification of a financial aid award, students should contact Business Affairs to verify their account is paid in full before discontinuing payments.
12.Refunds of tuition and fees are per College policy. Refunds and applicable financial aid will first be used to repay any outstanding balance due.
13.A new Deferred Tuition Payment Plan must be signed if additional classes are added.
Late Registration Fees
Those students who do not complete the registration process during the specified registration period of each semester will pay a $20 late-registration charge.
Returned Check Fee
A $35 service charge will be made on each returned check.
©Copyright 2020 Williamsburg Technical College