“Whatever you do, strive to do it so well, that no man living, no man dead, or no man yet to be born, can do it better.” Benjamin E. Mays
The Upward Bound Program at Williamsburg Technical College is a pre-college, academic enhancement program designed for first generation, low-income students or those students with a high risk for academic failure. The program is designed to motivate students by developing those skills which will enable them to complete high school and make a successful transition into postsecondary education.
Applications can be picked up from any one of the four high schools in the County or from the Upward Bound office at WTC.
To be eligible for the Upward Bound program, a student must:
- Be a high school student residing in Williamsburg County and is enrolled in grades 9 or 10 at one of the four high schools: C.E. Murray, Hemingway, Kingstree, and the Youth Academy
- Meet federal income guidelines
- Be the child of a parent who has not received his/her bachelor’s degree
- Be committed to pursuing a 4-year college degree
Upward Bound offers:
- Academic assistance
- Academic instruction
- Cultural enrichment exposure
- Work study for graduating seniors
- Summer bridge program
- Financial aid workshops
For more information, about the Upward Bound program, please contact the Upward Bound office at 843.355.4175 or visit the Upward Bound office in Building C on the WTC campus.