Instructor of Psychology
B.S. - Virginia Tech
M.A. - Radford University
Ph.D. - University of Virginia
My philosophy of leadership and administration is guided by ten overarching principles outlined below:
1. Strive to develop a shared vision of the future as well as specific goals, plans, and timetables to achieve that vision.
2. Promote collaboration and teamwork among colleagues and staff. Coach and empower others to participate actively in both the decision-making process and the implementation of specific decisions.
3. Inspire others in part by serving as an example of the dedicated, respectful, collaborative, enthusiastic, hard-working, and task-oriented work ethic you want to promote among colleagues and staff.
4. Become familiar with the culture and history of previous leadership styles (and associated positive and negative consequences) in a particular setting, and permit this knowledge to serve as a guidepost (but not necessarily as a constraint) on the pace and direction of movement toward specific goals;
5. Exude energy and enthusiasm for all dimensions of your leadership roles.
6. Demonstrate and encourage honesty, forthrightness, fairness, and personal respect in day-to-day interactions with others;
7. Encourage and provide mechanisms for open channels of communication among colleagues and staff; Listen to people closest to the problem as they often have the solution;
8. Promote innovation and change via discussions of the advantages and disadvantages of prevailing assumptions as well as the likely consequences of adopting alternative assumptions;
9. Have the courage to make difficult decisions that are not supported by all staff when necessary and after consultation and collaboration with appropriate persons.
10. Promote brainstorming of solutions to problems and show respect for the diversity of viewpoints. View challenges as opportunities for personal and organizational growth.
Williamsburg Technical College, 601 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue, Kingstree, SC 29556 843.355.4110 or 800.768.2021
Williamsburg Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Williamsburg Technical College.
Employee and applicant inquiries concerning the federal laws and their application to the College may be directed to the Vice President for Business Affairs , WTC, 601 MLK Jr. Avenue, Kingstree, SC 29556 843.355.4117, who will serve as the College’s Section 504, Title II, and Title IX Coordinator.
WTC shall not discriminate in employment or personnel decisions or in student admissions or in student decisions, or in all other segments of the College community on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, ancestry, political affiliation, pregnancy, marital status or unfavorable discharge from military service, in the educational programs and activities which it operates, and the College is prohibited from discrimination in such manner by applicable laws. Practices and requirements for non-discrimination extend to the enrollment of students in programs and activities of the College and employment by the College. Employee and applicant inquiries concerning the federal laws and their application to the College may be directed to the Vice President for Business Affairs , WTC, 601 MLK Jr. Avenue, Kingstree, SC 29556 843.355.4117, who will serve as the College's Section 504, Title II, and Title IX Coordinator. Student and prospective student inquiries concerning the federal laws and their application to the College or any student decision may be directed to Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, WTC, 601 MLK Jr. Avenue, Kingstree, SC 29556 843.355.4162, who will serve as the College’s Section 504, Title II, and Title IV Coordinator. Copyright 2015 Williamsburg Technical College